EngageCSEdu is powered by a growing community of faculty committed to broadening participation in computing by providing engaging and meaningful introductory computer science courses.
Check out Who We Are.
Get involved by:
Using the collection
- Browse the collection to get inspiration from your colleagues.
- Download materials to use in your course.
- Remix materials to meet the needs of your students.
Submit your own CS0, CS1, or CS2 materials to be considered for inclusion in the collection. Learn about the submission process.
Six excellent reasons to submit your course materials:
- INSPIRE. Inspire other instructors. Too often faculty work in isolation and reinvent the wheel. Break the isolation: Share your work with colleagues from across the country.
- DEMONSTRATE. The collection is peer-reviewed in much the same way as a conference or journal. Having materials accepted into the collection can be an additional way to demonstrate teaching excellence.
- REFLECT. Get useful feedback from reviewers and users to help you improve your materials.
- CONNECT. Get recognized as someone who is passionate about providing compelling first-year experiences in computer science, and connect to similarly engaged instructors.
- DISSEMINATE. Use the EngageCSEdu collection as a means of disseminating innovative curricular materials for introductory CS that developed from research projects.
All materials in the EngageCSEdu collection are peer reviewed by at least two peer reviewers for the quality of the CS content and for effective use of high impact engagement practices: practices that research suggests help both improve instruction and retain diverse students. Lend your expertise in computer science education or in the social and learning sciences by joining our reviewer pool. Learn more.